Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, August 11, 2011

No is a great word

I am the worst dog mother ever.  This morning I let Sister have a pig's ear for breakfast.  Seriously, I did.  And now even I'm grossed out.  She had one left in the package I'd gotten her the last time I lost my mind, and when I saw it, I just thought oh, what the hell.....  Now she's sitting in her favorite chair in the den, looking a tad bilious.  Well, duh.  In my super sketchy defense, she was served her usual breakfast--she just chose not to eat it.  She eats mine and Fred's first, and then has her's later in the day.  I hate to think what I may be cleaning up this afternoon but I deserve what ever I get.  Let's just hope her cast iron gut holds. 

I am on another diet but this one is from the news.  Egads....not sure what's making everyone crazy, globally, but crazy they are.  I'm just lots better off not indulging in all that lunacy and just going on about my day.  I don't want to be in a denial but I also don't want to focus on it either.

Yesterday, my wonderful neighbor, Mary, called and I had a sinking feeling I knew what it was about and I was right.  She's leaving with her daughter on 8/22, and will stay with her for a few weeks, and then go stay with her oldest son for a couple of weeks.  This is the trial run to see if living with either of them is really what she wants to do.  My 2 cents worth is she'd be much happier right here at the Forum, with her friends and her church, but what do I know.  The hard part was, I knew she was going to want me to look after her house like I did when she was hospitalized, and I'd already promised myself I would not take that on again.  Damn, I hate saying no.  It's so hard when it's someone you love, who trusts you, and will be disappointed.  But I said it, and told her I would take care of giving the checks to her yard man, since that will only be for a few weeks.  She has a son who lives in Plano so can be responsible for the rest.  She just hates to burden him and I totally understand that.  I think she was a little surprised--especially since I'd done it before, but with the wedding, etc., there was just no way I wanted to be responsible for that stuff again.  Whew.  Too much.

The good news is, I feel a huge sense of relief that I took care of myself and said "I can do this, but I can't do that".  I knew not saying no was going to cost me dearly.  Let's hear it for the word NO.




No comments:

Post a Comment