Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is it here already?

It's hard to believe it's almost back to school time already.  Target is besieged with mom's and kids buying school supplies, backpacks, clothes, etc.  They've even set up a special back to school area with all of the school supplies in one place.  It was fun hearing all of the kids, mom, and even some dads trying to figure out what to buy, and that's even with a supply list in hand.  Let me just say, I DO NOT miss those days in the slightest, but it's fun to watch, and then sail on by with my cart.  Can I get an amen on that?

I have it on dog authority that Fall actually is right around the corner.  One of my friends, my wise old owl that you've heard me refer to before, has two golden retrievers--Elbee and Diamond--both girls.  Elbee is the older dog, and is the dog  meteorologist of their family.  When Elbee climbs up on the bed to nap with my friend, that's the signal that Fall is on the way, and she did it last week!  Remember now, Elbee doesn't read or watch TV, so this is just a "natural" sign, and how she knows this I don't know.  But she does.  And she's been doing it for years.  I love that.  Since Diamond is new to the clan, she has yet to show off any natural talents other than being the most loving, sweet, alpha dog ever.  She reminds me a lot of Sis, and when she licks the back of my ankle with that soft, pink tongue of hers, it's enough to make me swoon. Awake or asleep, her dog face is just irresistible to me....I love Elbee, but Diamond and I are just kindred spirits.  I've only known her a few months, but it's really like I've known her all my life.  I love having a connection with an animal like that.

The long and short of it is, I'm really ready for Fall.  Summer has been a blast but I'm over it.  Period.  Let's shift gears and blow on into crisp cooler air, sweet apples, roasted root vegetables, carpool horns honking at someone elses house in the morning, and evening walks that aren't stifling.  Ohhhhh, brrrring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment