Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Trip to the Fort

We have just returned from our Culture-fest in Ft. Worth and our visits to the Cowgirl Museum, The Kimball and lunch in their cafe, The Museum of Science and History, Cattlemen's Museum, Children's Museum, Amon Carter Museum, and Noble Planetarium ....I think that's all of them.  I'm not sure.  But all in all, it was a total blast.  I loved each place for a totally different reason.  We decided to park and just hoof it from museum to museum, since they are all close together, on the map.  Not quite as close  on foot, but we did it, and now neither of us has to work out--yippppeeeee.  The Planetarium was a bust since it was a tiny little kid's thingy but that's OK.  We ducked in and out.  We would have done the IMAX, too, but were both on overload and ready to beat it home, to avoid the traffic.
This is me at the Cowgirl Museum, in the wind, showing you that's me on that horse, doing all those tricks.  I look bald, and my jeans are too big, but I still had fun!
                

For mom's, a trip to the Fort would be a great back to school outing, as the kids museum is almost all enclosed and cool.  There's even a Lego area on the second floor where you can build a plane.  Hudson would freak over the Lego area.  He's all about Legos.  Kids, parents, and GP's (grandparents) were all over everywhere as were some daycare programs, but it never felt crowded.  Loud maybe, but not crowded.

Our next outing is to the Studio Movie Grill to see The Help, and eat din-din.  Can't wait.  I tried to go to The Help on Thursday and it was already sold out.  I've read the book so I can't wait to see how closely they follow it and to see my mother on that screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I vividly remember how she acted years ago so this should be a trip down memory lane!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment