Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BT

Today I am up on my high horse about something so don't say I didn't warn you.  If you are up for it, keep reading.  Someone around here is, and has been, lecturing me about a subject I have repeatedly told him I don't give a rat's rear about, and he has kept on and on about it.  And that subject is Burst Training--better known as BT around here.  This is nothing more than changing the interval pace while you are working out.  See....I said that in nine words.  In fact, when I fear he is heading toward that dreaded subject and another lecture, my neck starts to stiffen.  I'm about to kill him, but I digress.

I have told Mr. Workout on numerous occasions that it is NOT a good idea to workout on an empty stomach--to eat breakfast first.  Mr. Workout continues to do it so I don't even bring it up any more.  So, this morning he goes as usual, and proceeds to BT, and do you want to know what happened....yep, he passed out cold and the Gym called the Paramedics.  MR. BT's blood sugar was 75.  A normal one would be around 100, depending on what you've eaten.  The Paramedics told him " you need to EAT before you workout."  Period. 

If you are married to a nurse, it's probably not the smartest idea to come home and tell her " there was drama at the gym this morning" because she's going to say "who passed out?" and you are going to have to admit it was your stubborn ass BT self, and then she's going to laugh.  And I'm talking laugh hard.  You are not going to get any sympathy --she is just going to roll her eyes and go eat breakfast, before she goes to work out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment