Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Now I've really done it and I admitted it to Fred this morning.  I've sent off for an adoption application to the Dallas Dachshund Rescue.  These people do not play, either, and actually make a house visit before they'll let you adopt, and you have to pass whatever their test might be.  First, you have to already have a dog.  Now I get that but what about the dogs that don't play well with others--that need to be an only dog?  I'm going to have to ask them that because that just simply makes no sense to me.  Maybe they don't get that many but what if you can only afford one dog??  Do you get knocked out for that?  Seems really weird to me.

OK...back to the point.  I'm not positive I want to do this but here's what happened when I went online to look.  The first dog listed had no picture, for what ever reason.  Several didn't, and then I glance down the page and there he is....OMG.  Ian.  A beautiful chocolate and tan man-dog who looks a lot like the dearly departed Wigman, but is still his own guy.  I'm not into cloning and every dog needs to be their own little self and while he may well be gone by the time we do all the stuff required, I think it was an omen.  Yeah, I do.  Somehow, some way,  Ian just might be destined to live out his days as a pampered side kick to the Sister-Bird.  If not, there might be somebody else....there was another black and tan male that was equally delicious so who knows?? 

According to what I read, girls are more popular which is another omen, since I want another man-dog. ( If you work with Fred, $10 bucks says he's already gone on the website to check out Ian.)  Shoot...he probably googled him at a red light.  He's wanted another dog for awhile so I haven't let either of us go near a shelter for fear of what we might come home with, or how many.  The interesting part about this rescue bunch is, they won't let you have a dog that they don't think is a good match.  What?????  The deal for me is, I have to have a connection with the dog.  If I don't, it's a no rescue for me.  Not doing it.  I realize they know these dogs better than I do, but can you imagine adopting a blank slate??  A dog you feel no connection with?? Damn.....I'm gonna flunk us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment