Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, August 13, 2011

POB, oh, my!

POB.  Better known as Priscilla of Boston.  It's where all of the about to be brides and their bridesmaids were today.  Saturday is clearly a busy, busy day for this merchant.  Loads of gals were shopping for their dresses but one young woman walked out in hers, at her final fitting, and hushed the place.  Even the mothers of other brides smiled and nodded their heads.  And one dad was riveted--and not on his own daughter, either.  On Andrea.  OMG.  To say that she was stunning, is an understatement.  We laughed about it later and Andrea really had no idea that she hushed the place, but she did.  Once her mom and I had bustling 101 lessons, we moved quickly on to how might be the best way for Andrea to carry the dress on the plane to Italy.  We finally arrived at a solution and think it may just work beautifully.  All of our fingers are crossed that our communal idea works.

Since I am here in town, and they leave tomorrow, my mission on Monday is to do all the due diligence necessary to find out how best to have her dress packed, so it can either be boxed to carry on and be put in the overhead compartment ( a possible squish scenario), or boxed and put in a piece of luggage with wheels (double protection), that could go overhead also.  Rolling it through the airport in a piece of luggage sounds a lot easier than dragging a box, unless they can put wheels on that box.

I figure if any body can do it, Dee and Hattie Cleaners can pack and box her dress so it won't even wrinkle, and I can take my own carry on bag for them to use as a guide. We won't have them actually pack it until September, but finding out all of this ahead of time, is key.  Meanwhile, I have one verrrrrrry gorgeous dress under safe keeping, and I'm not telling where, either.  You'd have to kill me, and then I couldn't tell ya.  What dress??? I don't even know what you're talking about.



No comments:

Post a Comment