Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Don't tell Fred!

I know if I put that as a title, anyone who reads this blog is going to run immediately and rat me out to Fred, and they might as well.  He'll find my stash sooner or later.  Remember how I told you the Festive Kitchen was having a freezer sale, or maybe I just think I told you, but whatever.  Today is the last day and I held out as loooong as I could, but I finally went.  And they weren't kidding when they said they were having a freezer sale because I followed the lady back to it, and immediately fell in love.   There sat all different types of cookie dough, just a waitin' for some sugar deprived person to come take 'um home--to a 375 degree oven. Uh, huhhhh, baby.

Since my baby boy and soon to be Groom is coming home next weekend for a wedding Andrea is in, I figured it was about the best reason I could come up with for buying three more different flavors, juuuuust to have ready, in case we had a cookie emergency while he's here.  Seriously...those happen.  Usually they happen later in the Fall during a weekend football game on TV or when it gets cool at night but, hey.....the cookies were on sale--- and now I'm ready.  All I need now is an enormous cold front and the temp to drop to the 50's.  If I'm lucky, that'll happen right around the first of November.

** I knew you wanted to know what kinds I got so here goes: red velvet with white chocolate, white chocolate /cranberry "Ooey Chewy" for Fred, and my personal favorite Oatmeal Apricot Pecan.  And then I got a frozen green chili chicken quiche that I'm going to make without the pie crust.  I'm saving my carbs for the cookies.    

No comments:

Post a Comment