Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Don't even say it

I've decided I don't need to cook dinner tonight.  All I need to do is just get a nice, long, cooking fork, load something on it that needs heating, and stick it out the driveway side door.  It should be blisteringly hot in no time.  Ditto any left over pizza.  I can just leave it wrapped in foil, and lay it on the driveway.  Should be nice and hot in just a few.  I am going to make some homemade pizza sauce, though.  I can simmer it in the microwave or again, I could employ the driveway idea.  Cooking a la' driveway.  I like it.

Today I had lunch with an old friend at North Park that I literally hadn't seen  in years.  Catching up with gal pals is such a summer pleasure.  She teaches full time at the Arts Magnet, so summer is the only time she can connect with buds, and it was such a pleasure to be with her once again.  Sometimes I forget how special old friends can be, until we reconnect.  She is brilliant (Harvard grad) and so fun to listen to and bounce ideas off of, that I suddenly looked at my watch and it was almost 2pm. It felt like ten minutes.

Yesterday I made a 2:30 PM run to the Farmers Market and it looked like hardly anyone was there in the Farmers area, but my favorites were there, luckily for me.  Betty's peaches were better than the Lemley's, and since it was a spur of the moment decision, I only had about $10 cash to work with, so I couldn't buy just a whole lot of anything.  I can't remember whose tomatoes were better but I got both peaches and tomatoes and headed home.  Both are chillin' to have with dinner tonight, since as I said earlier, I ain't cookin.  No how.
No way.


No comments:

Post a Comment