Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aug. 2nd--one million degrees

I've decided to become a hermit.  It's just to hot to do anything else.  I get out early and do my errands and work out, and then come home and hide out in a shade pulled house, to stay cool.  So far it's working pretty well but I am getting a tad bit bored....and addicted to my computer.  I've done a perfectly lousy job this summer of summer reading, which is usually tops on my list every year.  If you've read any great books lately, let me know what they are, as I need to make up for lost time.

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I had bought an outdoor umbrella to protect some of my backyard plants that routinely get roasted by west sun every summer.  We are now employing a two umbrella system, since one was just not quite large enough to protect all of the bushes.  When Fall rolls around, I'll pack up the umbrellas for next summer, and not have to look at black, burned foliage for months to come.  Voila'!  Even Fred has come around to my shade system.  Hey...it's colorful and it works.  Case closed.

My sister just called, laughing, saying how she had remarked yesterday that "mom hasn't fallen in quite awhile", only to receive a call this morning that mom had already fallen twice this morning.  I told her "mom is part beach ball...she just bounces" and luckily, she wasn't hurt this morning.  My sister said she's not commenting on mom's fall status any more.  Nooooo, sirrreee.

I did make what could be a fatal error in judgement this morning, when I allowed a certain black dog to get in the bed with me, for just a few minutes of girl pillow talk.  She enjoyed it soooo much, she may be expecting to do it again tomorrow.  Nope.  It's by invitation only and I may not be in the mood tomorrow, for early morning dog licks, and warm dog smell.  Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment