Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feelings

Feelings are so confusing.  I used to think that because I felt a certain way, then what I felt had to be true.  It wasn't.  It was just how I felt about something.  I forget all the time that feelings aren't facts.  They're just feelings-- and they come and they go, thank goodness--even the good ones leave eventually.  Consider this:  Two people feel differently about the same situation.  Enter a third person who sees it differently than the first two.  Nobody's wrong and nobody's right.  They each just feel differently about the situation, based on their life experience, upbringing, comfort level, etc.  So, the next time someone tries to tell you that you are wrong for feeling a certain way, tell them you aren't--you just see the situation from another angle and feel differently.  Sometimes how you feel about something changes over time.  Sometimes it stays exactly the same.  See ....I told you feelings are confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment