Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, August 22, 2011

Festive Kitchen aka Cookie Church

I figure for those not in the know, this can't hurt anything but your waist, and since Fall is coming you'll be wearing more clothes anyway.  Last week, I had a sugar meltdown and just had to have some cookies.  Now keep in mind, I haven't made a single cookie since before March 3rd, and that's just heresy, in my book. Since I didn't want to mess up my kitchen, I knowingly crossed over to the dark side.  I drove up to The Festive Kitchen in Snider Plaza, walked myself in and asked the all important question "do you all have any frozen cookie dough" to which was replied " Honey, we have 15 different types...which one are ya lookin' for?"  I put my head down on the counter and almost cried.....15 different types to choose from???  I don't ever want to leave this holy place. I'm moving in, was all I could think.  Lack of sugar does that to me. 

I finally decided on the chocolate chip ones WITH nuts and if you aren't a nut fan, you must have been dropped on your head as a kid.  These come pre-scooped and frozen in a freezer bag, with the directions on the front.  Fire up your oven, pace like a caged animal, half the scoops with a knife since they are enormous, and when it hits 375 degrees, toss those cookie sheeted wonders in there and sit tight, until the timer says grab 'um.  One minute on the cookie sheet, to crisp up, and then you can scoot them off onto a cooling rack.....like you're really gonna do that.  You know good and well you're gonna stuff half of one in your mouth, crunch down on chocolate, nuts, and cookie goodness, and wait for the background symphony music that always accompanies that first bite. 

They come 24 to a bag but since I cut mine in half, instead of two dozen I now can make 4 dozen....  And did I  mention these are good?? You could pass these off as homemade any old day--especially since you have the cookie sheet to prove it.  Now, are these as good as Fern's, a follower's?  The answer is sadly, no.  But if you're in a pinch, these will save your booty and if you just want a fresh, warm cookie, sans all the mess, these will really work.  Ahhhhh...14 more flavors to try......life is sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment