Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Big 60, GoGo!!

Let's talk turkey.  But first I need to give a shout out to my sister, Gretchen, on her big 60th today.  Woo hoo!!  Happy Birthday!!!  Hope it's a great one.  You deserve it after that whale of a wedding you just had.  That's her Avery with her.  Have you ever....I mean really...so sweet....I could just melt.

Now back to cooking.  (OMG...I can barely concentrate looking at those faces)  Anywho, while my turkey is chillaxing in the refrige next to the brine I made last night, little does my turkey know that as soon as the brine is good and cold, my turkey is going for a swim, for 24 hours.  I'm talking deep six here and it will be left undisturbed to swim, other than to make sure things are icy cold.  My cornbread is made, sausage is about to get cooked, and veggies are chopped, so I'll finish the rest of my dressing this afternoon  I think it tastes better when it's made ahead and all the flavors get to make friends.

Pies I'm not doing.  I have a friend with a start up catering business, so after tasting his pies, I decided to throw some business his way.  The real truth is, his pies were simply out of this world, and I couldn't BEGIN to make something as good as his, so why not??  And, no, I won't be passing his off as mine.  Nobody would believe that for a second anyway.  If you need someone to cater an event, let me know and I'll pass on his specifics. 

Now, just for a second we have to talk about secrets.  I simply HATE them.  Somebody told me one last night and said I can't blab or blog about it until after the first of Dec.  Do they know me??  Do they not realize how bad I want to blab??  But I can't.  So I won't.  But, no, nobody is pregnant, so forget about that. Or if they are, I don't know about it, so that's not the secret.  It's somethin' else so stay tuned.

Left you holding the bag, didn't I?   See...now you can't stand it either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment