Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, November 12, 2012

Woo hoo, Jason!!

Big excitement going on in Austin, Texas today.  My niece, Suzanne's, fiance' gets sworn in as an attorney today and they get married on Saturday!  What a way to start your wedding week and CONGRATULATIONS to Jason! 

On a less important front, Sis and her Dad found the honey hole of pecans on their walk yesterday and while they are both being rather mum about it's location, they returned with a grocery sack full of pecans--and they are NOT from Pecan Lady's house.  Can I get an amen on that?  What I was able to weasel out was that it's an old lady's house somewhere over on Caruth and these paper shells are the way to go.Those others with the cement shell are murderous on the nails and the meat inside the shells.  By the time you finally get them cracked, the whole pecan is pulverized.  Bah.  Fagedaboudit.  These are the l-o-n-g kind --don't know the specie's name--but after my chores this afternoon, I plan to set up shop cracking, preferably outside on the drive way in the sun, when it warms up.  That way I can just dump the shells as I crack and my assistant can lounge and toast herself.  No fuss, no muss. Those others with the cement shell are murderous on the nails and on the meat inside the shells.  By the time you finally get them cracked, the whole pecan is pulverized.  Bah.  Fagedaboudit.

 Mom update:  Ehhh....about the same though she continues to lose weight as fast as I gain it.  Dang.  I'm going to run by this morning after her hair appointment and check on her since I know this week is going to hit hyper-speed as the days progress.  My sister said for me to show her the pictures of the flower girl dresses so that's on my agenda as well.  I hope she understands when I show them to her.  We'll just see.  Even if she doesn't, she always plays along like she does so that's always fun.  You never quite know what she'll say these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment