Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sun and a spin

I have just heaved a huge sigh of relief.  I was able to get mom out a little after 1PM for a spin outside in her wheelchair and to get a little fresh air and sun on her face.  This may not sound like much to those of us who can get up and go anytime we want, but for someone who can't, it was a lot bigger deal.  And, it for sure was for me.  When I have something I want to do for someone else, it drives me nuts until I can getter dun.

  Once the wind whipped up a little mom was ready to go back inside but that's OK.  I'm a firm believer that just being outside in the fresh air makes you sleep better and, no, I have not done one of my experiments on that like some of my other ideas.  I have just decided it's true. 

Mom is now napping because she has a big evening ahead of her.  A Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday party and decorated Wheelchair Parade.  I'm serious....the activities lady, Alicia, is decorating all of the wheel chairs with any of the Memory Care residents that want to help, and they look like mini parade floats.  You had to see them to appreciate how hilarious and clever it was.  She is a total hoot and is always coming up with something for them to do.  I'm always dying to ask her "Girl..when do you sleep?"  She must think up this stuff 24/7. 

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment