Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ahhhh...Spring Break

I'm Spring Breakin' it.  Try as I might, I just cannot wipe the smile off my face as I shoot into a perfect parking place in Snider Plaza where ordinarily there's never a place, and daily traffic is down to a bare minimum so I can get anywhere in a nano second.  Ahhhhh.  Now that you cannot beat.  Having everyone and their dog barrel out of town suits me just fine.  Have a great trip.  See ya.  I'm fine right here and happy as a pig in mud reading, cooking, and just hanging. 

So with that in mind, I'm going to recommend two books by an author who is new to me, Regina Brett.  She is inspiring, hilarious, and has faced enough of her fair share of "life experiences" to earn her stripes.  The first one is God Never Blinks: 50 lessons for Life's Little Detours and her second one is Be the Miracle: 50 lessons for Making the Impossible Possible.  I'm having trouble going to bed at night because I want to stay up and read.  I'm starting to ration the number of pages I get to read each night because I don't want the second one to end.  Like there's not a world of other books out there to read and enjoy?  There are loads--I just forget that when I find something that really resonates with me.

Happy Spring Break to all, even if you aren't off from work. Do what I do sometimes...pretend.  It's fun and makes the time go faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment