Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yahooo!

I'm excited.  It's OK to admit it.  My tee tiny little roses are beginning to bloom and with that, I heave a sigh of relief.  After the drought and weather last summer, I always worry they won't make it or might live, but just not have enough juice to bloom.  I'll have to wait a few more days to see how prolific they are are this year but halleluia.

The Farm yesterday was delightful.  I opened both door to the house and just let the breeze blow though, and while I waited for the roofers to show up, I assembled my command post on the screened in porch.  Diet DP?  Check.  Magazines?  Check.  Phone?  Check.  Baby cows in the pasture nearby?  Ohhhh, check, check, check.  They're my favorite part and I like the speckled ones best.  Solids are OK...but I like the mixy ones.  They're just more colorful.  I will say, though, they are dumber than a box of hammers.  Last weekend one got separated from the group and yesterday he was still bellowing, trying to find his pals.  He's over in the field next door and that's just what happens when you don't stay with the group.  Ya get left.

Things did not go exactly as planned yesterday so I did not get to fish, like I had secretly thought I might.  With the tank all full to the brim and beautiful, I felt sure there was a big old bass or catfish with my name on it that would be fun to hook and take a picture of, to torture Fred.  He lives to fish and if he thought I was, it would just make him nuts.  Part of being married is torturing you partner just a little bit.  You have to.  It was in your vows--you just don't remember.

Today I am sooo grateful the sun is out, the birds are peeping, and it's Spring time.  Green grass, lush blooming trees, flowers, and little children and dogs, all outside.  Pure deee heaven.

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment