Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Miracle workers are everyday people like you and me

Today I did something I've never done.  I stepped outside my own box.  I went to my first rally concerning something I feel strongly about.  As a nurse, I was trained to be a patient advocate.  I feel strongly that it's my job to stand up for someone else in need, when my skills, education, and ultimately my vote, can help.

No matter what your politics or religious beliefs, today I realized for the first time how vitally important it is for all of us to stand up, and be the gift for someone else--to give the gift of your education and support to those who were not given the same opportunities.  Anyone of us can do it on any given subject. We simply start where we are, and magnify the good for all.  We share the wealth, food, warmth, love.  We all want someone else to act.  Give their money.  Cast their vote.  Fix the unfixable. 

We wait and wait and wait for someone else to be the miracle. Anyone can be the miracle on any given day, at any given place.  It's not up to everyone else.  It's up to me.  Today, make a difference in your own home, neighborhood, workplace, community.  Be the person who stands up and makes a difference for someone else.
Make a miracle happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment