Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Top O' the Mornin'

OK...I'm trying to be perky here.  It is St. Paddy's day after all.  It's also a big old Happy B-day to my God child, Tori, and my friend, Charlotte.  Get your happy on today, gals, and may you have LOTS more.  I'd also like to thank all of you for your sweet responses yesterday to my Debbie Downer of a post.  I've got to keep it real and being able to say where I am sometimes is important--at least to me anyway.  Anyone who doesn't want to read it, just know I totally understand that, too.  Like I said in a previous post:  Life can be rough.  Wear a helmet.  Mine's on.

My plan this morning is to go over and tell mom that she'll be getting extra help starting next week.  I'm not sure she even knows what Hospice is and I don't think I even really need to go there explaining what it is.  For now, I'm going to leave it that she "needs and deserves the extra care" and I want her to have it.  That feels right to me and I'm just going to go with that.  I may run by Tom Thumb and get her something blooming for her room because I can, and it's spring time.

  I considered taking Sis with me but she runs all around and likes to jump up and greet people, and might knock some old person down.  Her manners a little sketchy at best, though she is one heck of a great greeter--she kisses and licks anyone who'll even glance in her direction. (I've told you all before she's kind of a ho'.)  It's her snooping and running around that has me worried.  Yes, I can keep her on her leash but then she chokes herself half to death.  Off her leash, she likes to run into other people's rooms and if she's having fun, she won't come when you call her.  The other dogs that come to visit behave and let's just say that's not one of Sis's sterling qualities.  She minds when it suits her and that's not often. I just took a vote and she's staying home.  She can ride to the Post Office instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment