Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, March 30, 2012

C'mon Blue Bell!

This morning I am jumpy as an old cat.  Blue Bell is due to deliver any day and I am waiting for Mother Nature to do her thing so I can see her puppies.  Tick, Tick, Tick.  Patience is just not one of my virtues where puppying is concerned, but since I have no choice, I'll just chill--or try to.  I keep wondering what they'll look like and if one has my name on it.  I guess I'll know here pretty soon.  Meanwhile I'll go obsess about something else. 

 What am I going to cook for Easter lunch?  That should keep me busy for a little while.  I'm leaning towards crab cakes on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes, with fresh asparagus quick sauteed with a splash of olive oil, tiny splash of water, Kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and three sprigs of fresh rosemary.  With hot rolls.  And butter.  Dessert??  How about a puppy?  Ooops.  There I go again.  Not sure on dessert and that's usually the easiest part for me.  We'll have to wait and see.

I ran by Wednesday to see the smalls and take them some Easter bunny cookies and I saw all three, but only two were conscious.  Avery was sacked out dead asleep in bed, with her TV blaring just like mom.  I had to laugh.  I guess only the very young and the very old can handle that.  For sure menopausal gals can't do it.  I can hear a mosquito fart, as my sons will tell you.  Drives them and me crazy but that's just how it is.  Other times, I am pure dee deaf. 

Benji and Andrea should be sound asleep in their very own bed in Nashville and it must feel wonderful after such a great trip.  Ahhhh....your very own pillow, sheets, home.  Nothing better.  As I head for the shower, Sis is snoozing in the white chair opposite me, with her black nose poking out from under her tan fleece blanket.  That girl....what a tough life she leads.

Happy Weekend to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment