Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, September 21, 2012

Bring on the weekend

It's finally Friday and can I get an amen on that one?  This has seemed like a really long week, not sure why but I swear it's lasted a month.  The moving trucks just drove up next door for our new neighbors and they still have workmen inside their house.  Man, isn't that always the way it works?  I just spoke with Laura and John out front, and they both look exhausted but ready to settle in.  Laura is a landscape designer and has had her crew yank out all the old front bushes at their house, and plans to replant with a new plan of her design after the first of the year.  Considering she has a baby boy due really soon, that sounds like a great plan.  She is also having her crew plant some new grass on our side, where the grass took a beating due to all the construction, so that's really nice.  I can already tell they are going to be really fun to have next door. 

I think I'll have to get my pots and pans clanging this weekend and make them something to welcome them to da 'hood.  I'm thinking since they have a small fry little girl, I may make them some homemade spaghetti that can get zapped in the micro, for a hungry bunch in a hurry. Plus, for a small it's finger friendly--always a plus.

I'm listening and laughing at these movers-- not sure what company it is but the trucks are Penske rentals and these red shirt wearing guys clearly have worked together before, because they are acting like, well, guys.  They are making each other laugh, and clearly wishing both trucks would unpack themselves.  One of them just pushed a bicycle up the driveway, ringing the little bell the whole way.  Now the yard crew is resting under our trees in the front yard, taking their siesta.  Do I care??  Hell, no.  I'm not using that grass anyway so stretch out and grab yo'self a nap.  It's a gorgeous day so let's all get outside and enjoy it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment