Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Let's all remember and pray

It may have been eleven years ago today, but it still shakes me up every time I think about 9-11-2001 and that morning.  I watched it happen on TV over in Maternity Admitting, which was just down the hall from my office.  Coffee cup in hand, I sat in stunned silence just watching, as that second airliner flew into the Towers.  As all Hell broke loose, all I could think about was the new little souls coming into the world down the hall in Labor and Delivery, and what a world they were entering.  Egads.  What a scary place.

I don't ever want to forget that day or the people who lost their lives.  The NYC police and firefighters, the innocent people trapped on airplanes knowing death was imminent, and who still fought on bravely to prevent a plane crashing into the White House.  Those innocent people trapped in the Towers, and those outside, and  the families of all of them.  Their sacrifices were enormous and are not to be forgotten. 

What a world we live in.  Let's all pray for the State of this world today, as we look back and remember.

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment