Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dallas Quakes

The Earth moved over here last night and, no, I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about that 3.4 earth quake we had right around 11 pm.  I was lying in bed and usually I would have been asleep by then but I was awake, when suddenly I heard a low rumble and then felt a shake.  It lasted for a couple of seconds,too, and then there was like a mini-aftershock right behind it.  Dallas, Texas and an earthquake....well, I'll be.

Let me know if anybody else felt it, too, because the DMN said it was located in Irving but I knew exactly what it was when I felt it here.  There's a write up about it on page two of the front section of the paper.  I had forgotten about it until I saw that, since I also had a nightmare last night.

I think nightmares suck and adults and kids should not have to have them, period.  This is another place for further brain research because the one last night involved Benji, and scared me so bad I can still see the picture in my mind, even though I've tried the White-Out trick on it.  Brian was in it, too, but he was OK--Benji wasn't--and that's all I'm going to say.  Awful.  I want to stamp out nightmares in my life time and surely some brainiac at Southwestern Medical School can come up with a protocol to eliminate them.  Total waste of energy and besides, I hate being scared.  Some people like that adrenalin rush--not me--noooo.  I don't care why we have them, psychologically.  I just don't wanna.  Case closed.

Enjoy this rainy rest of the day.  I'll be cooking and hanging out doing chores and puttering.  Perfect Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment