Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Goodbye, Mean Green

I am just about to pee my pants laughing that it's finally happened.  After months on the launching pad, Crashman Harris finally bought himself a new car and said goodbye to Mean Green.  Now, for those not in the know, Mean Green was Brian's old truck that he's loved for more than 10 years.  He bought it brand new with his own money and he has wet-nursed that thing and watched it grow old, not unlike a parent watching a child.  That truck has stories I know about and some I don't ever want to know, and it's been a damn fine truck.  It had a custom made bumper on it that weighed more than I do, and once sent a deer sailing through the dark west Texas night, on Brian's way to the Ranch.  God bless that bumper and Mean Green, as anything smaller than that truck might not have had the same positive results.

Over the years, Brian damn near washed the paint off that truck.  He reminded me of myself, and how I take care of cars.  We are both fastidious and neat-nicks, and let's just say the other two who make up the rest of this family are anything but.  Thank God Brian got my genes for this and not his dad's.  If all three of them were pig-tracky, I just don't think I could take it.

Mean Green has hauled all kinds of things, most notably old washers and dryers that later became targets and pyrotechnic events.  Brian has moved more people than Bekins, and Mean Green would probably have been game to move lots more, but it was not to be.  A sad parting occurred yesterday in Austin and a new era begins.  Brian said he was sad for a second until the Bluetooth in his new car kicked in for a phone call.  Ahhh, that's livn'.

We'll miss you Mean Green! 

No comments:

Post a Comment