Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Women--"The Greatest Generation"

What do you get when you have 5 or 6 male painters outside caulking with their head phones on?  5 or 6 different songs being sung at the same time at full lung capacity.  Sis is in here with me hiding out, not sure what to make of all the singing.  Me?  I don't care and I will say the one guy right outside my window is absolutely tone deaf.  No clue what the song is but I know it's not supposed to sound like that.

Lots going on today and tomorrow, and I'm dragging a bit since I've been staying up late reading Unbroken.  I've been through Louis Zamperelli's childhood, running career, WWII, flying in a bomber, going down and spending countless days at sea, sharks, POW camps, beatings, starvation, more beatings, more starvation, and before I give the whole book away--now you know why I'm tired.  The problem is, I didn't lose any weight and Louis lost 50-60 pounds.  If you want a spell binding read, this is it.  I know I've mentioned it in a previous post, but if this doesn't get your patriotism going, nothing will.

As Tom Brokaw said, the previous generation of men were most definitely "The Greatest Generation"and  that's not meant to take away ANYTHING from our current soldiers--they are also "The Greatest Generation" ever.  I just wish there was no reason for us to have to call any generation that--based on a War.  Let's get  more estrogen to the table, throw the guys out, pass around our kid's baby pictures, listen to each others story, and see if we can't let women come to an agreement that doesn't involve a War, or anyone getting hurt.  It might take a day  or two, but I promise you if you put a tiny baby from a warring country in the arms of a woman on the other side, those women are going to find a compromise.  That is the power of love.  Every generation of women is The Greatest Generation ever.

And that's just how I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment