Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's just always somethin'.....

It finally happened yesterday morning and I have to admit, if I'd seen it with my own eyes, I'd have keeled over.  It seems Fred and Sis were "hunting" dove in the alley before he left for the Farm, and they got one.  The problem was it went down in our across the alley neighbor's backyard.  Uh, oh.  So, Fred put his dachshund retriever to the ultimate test.  He opened their  backyard gate just a hair to let Sis slip through, and told her to "get it".  He watched as Sis found it, grabbed it, and trotted back through the gate.  Since she had done such a good job, he let her carry it across the alley to our trash cans.  OMG...I'm astonished it was not on the front page of the DMN this morning.  Sis has now achieved cult like status around here, and I am about to barf.  He is so proud of her he can hardly stand it and she knows it.  There's nothing worse than a cocky dog.

 On another note, a friend of mine was telling me the other day about how he was ready to kill his son.  It seems his young for 21 year old son had decided to get married, to the wrong girl, and because his Dad did not approve, his Dad was not invited to the wedding.  The Dad was, of course, crushed, and mad, and crushed some more, and luckily knew better than to blast off at the son, and say all the uglies he was dying to say, so he kept quiet, and soldiered on.  His wife seemed to be serene despite the situation, and that just pissed him off more.  He at least wanted somebody to bitch with.  Another week passed.  His phone rang one day and it was his son's number, so he answered it.  He was shocked to hear his new DIL voice--that is until she asked to borrow money.  My friend said he alllllmost swallowed his tongue, told her he couldn't help, and hung up.  Translation: son knew better than to call his Dad for money, so he handed the phone to his new wife and said she could call if she wanted to, but he already knew the answer.  My friend now calls his DIL, Honey Boo Boo, and I laughed so hard I cried.  It's just always somethin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment