Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer...bring it on

I just have to say it...I am so ready for summer.  I'm ready for lots of book reading, the sound of lawn mowers first thing in the morning, trips to the Farmer's Market, fresh tomatoes, squash, peaches, and the over all s-l-o-w-e-d down pace.  The last few weeks have been a total cluster and I think all of us could use a break.

 Last night I found my partner eating a Popsicle  (we were out of  his favorite--fudgsicles).....Not sure what it is about seeing a man of his age eating a Popsicle that gasses me, but it does.  His lips were the color of it (orange, maybe?)and I only wished it had been a blue one...or green.  Never mind those were not for him.  That's my Small's visitor stash but whatever. 

Now, we're not going to talk tornadoes or other horrors today other than to say God can use even the worst situations for good, as I've said here numerous times. It's true...you know it is...so just start praying for help for those affected by Mother Nature. Sometimes she gets in a snit, and she sure as heck did this time.

For those who might have noticed, I haven't been blogging about the Farm at all and there's a reason for that.  We've sold our ownership and are out of there.  Suffice it to say, it was time, we are grateful to have been bought out, and we're done.  As my mother would say, happier elsewhere.  Now let's move on.

Tonight is the Nashville season ender and I am all over it:  will Deacon find out that Maddie is really his daughter and will it blow it up between him and Rayna and send emotional schrapnel flying everywhere??  That's so obvious that it's got to be something much bigger to last us until Fall.  We already know Teddy is going to blame Rayna for blabbing--but will he find out Maddie found the DNA testing on her own?  And what about Gunter....will he get a brain transplant because the one he's got sure as hell isn't working?  Dude...enough of trying to be your brother and just be yourself. 

I'm thinking quiche and a fruit salad for dinner...sound good???






No comments:

Post a Comment