Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Close Encounters of the Squirrel Kind

We had a close encounter with a dead squirrel last night.  Too close for my taste.  It seems that when Sis went out in the backyard to tankle before bed, she brought in a dead friend.  I might mention it was headless, which further disgusts me but that's not the worst part.  She left her friend on the rug where Fred found it.  I think I'm going to lose my mind.  Knowing it would totally gag me, Fred couldn't wait to tell me he'd found "traces of squirr-furrrr in her bed, too".  That, my friends, is the # 1 problem with hounds--both of them--they are just flat gross.

Now, on to happier topics.  I saw my main squeeze next door yesterday, Ms. Claire and baby brother John on her way to MDO at the church down the block.  Claire stays but baby John was just along for the walk.  I called to Claire as she walked past and she stopped, smiled, spied my coffee, and I went to give her a big old hug and kiss.  Baby John is now brisket sized and round and roly-poly as he can be.  If he hadn't been in the housekeeper's pack I'd have grabbed him for some major hugs and kisses, too.  Since it was casual Friday, Claire had on her jeans, a green sweater with a flower, and a clippee butterfly holding her hair out of her eyes.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up so she can come help me water and just piddle in the front yard.  I already have Popsicles in the freezer for when we need to take a work break. 

Happy Saturday to all.  Make it a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment