Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Options


Today chatting with a friend, she shared with me that the guy her daughter is engaged to marry in a month is....let's just say... not a keeper.  Nice guy.  He just has some big issues and she's afraid to say something to her daughter and she's afraid NOT to say something to her daughter.  Basically, she just wants her daughter to know (remember) she has options--even now--a month from the wedding.  It reminded me of what my dad said to me right before he walked me down the aisle to marry Bruce.

As we stood in the doorway of the aisle, Dad looked me straight in the eye and asked me "Do you know any of these people?" to which I died laughing and said "Well...the only one I can see that I know is Willie". (our black yardman of 40+ years seated right behind mom).  Then my dad said "Do you want to do this, because if not, I'll hitch up your dress and we'll run, and leave your mom here to explain".  I know....sweetest thing ever and I have no doubt that if I'd said "RUN!", he would have.


I assured my dad I DID want to do this, so down the aisle we went.  But....I've never forgotten it. 
Options.  You've always got 'um.  Sometimes you just need to be reminded that you have them.

                                                                       
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment