Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday

They are taunting me already.  Damn those Downton Abbey people.  They have posted a short teaser for this Sunday's show and I had to watch it.  It's not a big reveal but let's just say it whet my appetite for Sunday's show as was their intent.  Ohhhhh...the torture.

It shows Lady Mary and another character riding horses in the woods and that's where it really tripped my switch.  My adoration of horses and all things English goes back to my childhood.  I rode all through grade school and took jumping lessons for years, so when you see Lady Mary riding her horse, that's really me. I just live in the US.  I'm really English underneath.

With the sun shining gorgeously outside and the birds squawking to be fed, I'm thinking when I fix lunch, I'll feed them a little, too.  Not the squirrels, though.  I hate them.  They chew everything from my outside pillows to our fence.  If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would never have believed it and the sound was disturbing.  I'm hoping that squirrel got a gum splinter.

Now on today's menu, I'm thinking spaghetti tonight for dinner.  Not just any old spaghetti...Mrs. Barnes spaghetti.  It has enough garlic in it to kill a person and is just perfect for a cold night.  It cooks for most of the day and I can read while it does it's thing.  Give me a pot and something to cook and I'm a happy camper.

I started a new book yesterday, Mud Season, that is already fun and sounds like just the laughs I'd enjoy on a cold, quiet January day.  I'll let you know what I think when I finish it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment