Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Well...it's never dull around here

I was laughing at myself this morning because I'm now in a big rush for Spring.  I have the hardest time just enjoying where I am without jetting ahead to the next season.  I think it's because I'm an anticipator.  I enjoy whatever is coming next and forget to enjoy what currently IS.  I like the planning, the planting, the flowers, nature bursting forth--the whole shebang--and it's not just for Spring.  I realized I do this for every season.  The good news?  I think I just enjoy life.  All of it.  It could sure be worse. 

To say this has been a wild weekend is an understatement.  We went to eat Greek food at a place we'd never been to over in the Bishop Arts District Friday night, and proceeded to get our car towed.  No, we never saw the dinky sign posted (that was also hanging at an angel about to fall off) so after dinner, we returned to our parking space full of air.  A quick call to our go-to guy, Brian, (as he laughed his head off) and we were off to the car tow pound over by the strip clubs off  Northwest Hwy, to retrieve Bruce's car.
                                                                 

 In the event you've never had this lovely experience, let me just prepare you its an all cash deal--no credit cards so you can't challenge the charge with your credit card company--debit cards can be used at some places.  You can't see the person you are talking to, you can just hear them, and it's like being in a bunker.  Brian was about to go in with his dad when I told him "No dice.  We're staying right here".  Shortly, another car drove up, out hopped a couple, and the EXACT same thing had just happened to them, right down to the same parking lot, so I didn't feel quite as bad.  What a racket.  Well.....dinner was good anyway. 

Our heater has decided to run basically when it wants to, despite a visit from the fix it man Friday. Sometimes it works and sometimes you hear it click, and then it won't run.  We're still warm (most of the time) and thank heavens it's not 19 degrees outside.  I think our ancient heater is about to take a permanent dirt nap and we'll know more Monday.  Happy Birthday, Bruce....you just got a new heater.

I'll post more later today after Scarletta takes off for home and give you all the skinny.  Laughing with Benji yesterday and squeezing Sis into the picture as we face timed was hilarious.  She got all weird when she heard his voice, but couldn't really see him in the room.  She does love her some Benji.

Happy Sunday and bring on Downton Abbey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment