Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, January 20, 2014

Sochi and Shrimp

I want to go on record as saying it up front:  I'm worried about the Olympics in Sochi.  Yes, I saw today where terrorists are threatening to do something, but that's not surprising.  It's the arrogance of Putin and his minions, and their belief that they have it all under control that worries the daylights out of me.  I know....I'm a worrier.... and the thought of our athletes, TV film crews, and loads of US citizens over there getting hurt-- that's what really worries me.  I've been there and though it was a log time ago, I'm not seeing a great improvement in that country at all.  OK....I'm done.  Enough negative energy.

I woke up this morning thinking about French toast and plan on making Shrimp and Grits for dinner tonight.  Why?  I guess my brain is traveling, without my knowledge.  Maybe the French toast is from Scarletta being in Paris, and the shrimp and grits with marinara from Benji's enchiladas on base, with marinara.  Dunno but somehow that makes perfect sense to me. I've been dying to make the shrimp and grits for ages, after having them at Hattie's ages ago and since today is MLK Day, I think we'll honor him that way.  He was a southern man so I bet he'd LOVE 'um.
   OK....maybe we'll have them for lunch.   And I'm going to do cheese grits....oh, Lord....                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment