Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ahhhh, winter

I just threw several more tree branch logs on the fire in the den and now it's really back in business.  To me, that's the ultimate in recycling--burning your own tree limbs.  They are the perfect size for either the fireplace or fire pit--another big bonus--and easy to toss on for pyro's like me.  Ahhh, the crackle of a fire and smell of wood smoke.  Heeeeaven.

It occurred to me this morning that Wig has taught Sister to talk.  She's always been a howl talker-- but only then.   Now she talks a lot, and frankly, I don't like it.  It's a whiny, girly, drama filled tone that's heavy on the poor me....... That "I neeeeeed something" tone, that's like finger nails on a black board sometimes.  Wig has always talked man-talk.  Short, sweet, deliberate, and to the point, and usually did it, or used to, with all of his handsomeness right there in your face.  Ears pricked up, chest out, knowing he was irresistible and that merely to ask, was to receive.  True, that.
  Sis is more assertive, as only a busty, chunky German fraulein would be.  Throw in a big old helping of manipulation, and that's Sis.  I love Wig's directness--no games, no drama--just give him what he wants and he's fine.  If he wants in on the driveway side, he barks.  By now, I thought Sis would have learned this from him, but I've only heard her do it once, when he wasn't with her.  Instead, she just stands around waiting until she either gets distracted and leaves to go hunt, or you come and notice she's waiting.  Sis is very direct around food, but has a girly stealth and sneakiness that I just don't pick up on in Wig.  Maybe his stealth is just too old to make an appearance any more. 

It's weird, too.  The more I see him winding down, the more I see her neediness ramping up.  It's like she knows what's coming and just feels anxious and needs reassurance that everything will be OK, even when he's gone.  Part of her seems to want to be Queen and ascend his throne, and the other part just wants him to hang around, maintain the status quo, and just let her do her thang.

Bad news, Sis.  Change is inevitable

No comments:

Post a Comment