Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Semi gardening

I just returned from walking with my new Ipod--- and SINGING.  Loud.  Real loud. And I think the only people who could have heard me were yardmen, with ear plugs and leaf blowers, and since no one died, they probably didn't hear me.  While Benji was here for Christmas, I got him to load 5 of Scarletta's songs that they've recorded so far, and I have to say, they are sensational--- and not because he's my kid.  It's mostly Aubrey (girl) singing, with him doing the back ups, but just you wait....your gonna see and hear them at the Grammy's when they win everything, and then you're gonna say "I know his momma...", to anybody who will listen.  You are...you know you are.   And for any Followers, I will sign autographs

When I got back from my walk, old Sis was howl-talking and may have been lonely, so we went for another short walk, up to the garden, which bring me to this:  I think we'll keep our plot this year unless someone else really wants it, and we may just have a "let's see what comes up" plot.  Think of it as, Plot du jour.

I broadcast a bunch of basil seeds and flower seeds from the dried pods still in the ground, so now all I have to do is add water and voila'--maybe sumpin', maybe nuthin'.  For a nano second this morning, I briefly considered replacing the old soil with a big truck load of new, and then quickly returned to sanity.  Even the guys that did that eventually got soil blight, so I'm liking my new "whatever" approach, more and more.  If I want to plant something, I can--if not, no biggie.  And I always have Mrs. Lemley and Betty in my back pocket, for tomatoes, baby new potatoes, "squish", and peaches.  Now that's gardening, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment