Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, January 8, 2011

More toys

In my latest go green endeavor, I switched us over from the Dallas Morning News actual paper, to the e-edition on line.  Let me just tell ya, this was no easy feat considering the first person I got at the News didn't actually know how to perform that maneuver.  She could sure tell me how to have both--she just couldn't quite figure out how to cancel the actual paper, thereby making less money for the DMN.  Luckily, we got disconnected and when I called the toll free number, as a means of trying something different, I got a lovely, knowledgeable young guy who did it all for me.  He said it was complicated and since the website doesn't offer the option of dropping your paper subscription, he had to do a little computer massage to get it done.  He waited while I logged on to be sure everything worked, before signing off.  This guy was so neat he even gave me his name and told me when he works, if I ran into any problems.  Wow.  Some one's been swimming in Customer Service again.  Yahoo.

Today's plan was to head for the Farm and spend the night, taking the bad Sis girl on her first trip by herself.  Now, since the weather may be a little crummy Sunday, we may just make a run up there but come home and spend the night here.  I have a bunch of cleaning stuff that needs to get dropped off so we'll just see what Fred wants to do.  He's just driving in the driveway from returning all dog food we bought for Wigman last Sunday.  Geee...timing is everything.
OMG.....he just walked in with two toys for the grieving gal.  The pink and white rope twisty one is steak flavored, and the tangerine colored one is called a Bobo, and is Sis's MOST favorite toy, other than her squirrels.  Notice the green Santa Bobo she got for Christmas on the far left.  She's already chewed off his Santa hat, has pulled about half of the stuffing out of him, and taken him out her doggie door to beat him up some more in the backyard.  Poor guy.  Fred even sewed the head closed, to buy him more time.  I kid you not.  I saw it with my own eyes. Now his ear is torn off.  Guess he'll be heading back to surgery....

No comments:

Post a Comment