Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sis update

The chili for dinner is made and the oatmeal cookies Fred was hinting about are done also.  Sometimes you just have to have a few little naughty things around when it's cold and bleak outside.  I also made us some refritos to have with chips.  The funny part is the can says No Fat, which Ms. Maria and I decided really means No Fun.  Now, I haven't added any really bad stuff to the beans, but I have "doctored" on them a bit.  Geese..... when it says no fat, you pretty much have to.

It's been a week since Wig left and Sis is beginning to show signs that she really gets it.  Yesterday when she thought she as here all alone, she started howl talking, and it sounded pretty plaintive in tone.  She didn't know I was in the back, so when I hollered to her, she came flying, relieved not to be all alone.  Then a few minutes ago as I was putting away clothes, she went over to Wig's dog bed I moved in our room, sniffed around on it and then started that low, sad whine of hers.  Oh, man... so sad....  And now she follows me everywhere.  She's right underneath me in the donut bed and just doesn't seem as carefree as she was when he was alive.  Grief will definitely let the air out of your tires.
Now, she waits sitting up like a person in the den chairs, until I come home.  Or, she goes and sits by the door and looks out the window.  She still plays some with her toys but only seems really happy when you know who gets home from the office.  Don't tell him I said that....he already thinks he's a big enough cheese as it is.  I think this is just going to be one of those "give time, time" kind of things since there's no statue of limitations on grief.  I just hope I don't have to find her a therapist.



No comments:

Post a Comment