Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Right way to start 2011

I am about to have a cow.  One of Fred's friends just posted pictures of his smoker loaded with three different kinds of ribs he's smoking, cheese he's already smoked for a spread that that will kill you, and his turkey is going on at noon.  Whaaaat?  All that cooking going on and I'm not there to apprentice it?  I can hardly stand myself.  This guy is the BBQ king and was pictured in the paper recently after a BBQ crawl  through Dallas and the surrounding area, with his fellow critiquers.  I know he's done several, and they usually go to at least 5-7 BBQ joints.  To look at him, you'd never know he's a fabulous cook.  He's just NOT a big old Bubba type.  He's in advertising and very artsy, as is his wife, who is a food stylist.  And did I mention he's funny?  He's hilarious.

I think the thing that impresses me the  most is that he actually cooks himself.  Anybody can armchair quarterback and if his jalapeno cheese spread is any indication of what his ribs might be like, or even his turkey, sign me up. Now that's the way to start 2011. 


No comments:

Post a Comment