Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Buttermilk pie....almost

In an attempt to help Benji's friend, Dr. Cooper Boone, become Good Morning America's advice guru, Fred and I were voting last night like two crazy people, only to see our votes barely make a dent in his rival's total.  Coop is carrying way more states--his rival just has some kind of machine out there, voting.  We would nudge ahead only to have her peeps do what they do...take over the lead.  I finally decided when Fred told me she's carrying 100% of Utah, she's a Mormon, and they have people, don'tcha know.  As for the other states she has, well, it's all northern states and their brains are all just frozen solid, so they just do what they're told and vote.  It's too cold to do anything else.

Late yesterday afternoon, I made a buttermilk (chess) pie that was interesting.  I'd never made one before and was just intrigued to see how it all worked.  It would help a lot when I cook if I did what they tell you to do on all the cooking shows and make sure you have everything you need, and even measure out exactly what you'll need, before you start.  Did I do that?  Noooooo.  And did I mention roaming the neighborhood with a measuring spoon in my hand, trying to find someone home, who had a tablespoon of cornmeal I was just sure we had, but didn't?  Did I forget the butter, pull the pie I had just put in the oven, back out, pour the liquid contents back in a bowl, add the butter, stir it all up, and then put it back into the oven?  Yeah, I did.  I told you it was interesting.  And, it alllllllmost worked, but not quite--- and what was supposed to taste like a chess pie, tasted more like a bite of waffle, with syrup.  Not bad.....just not what I'd planned on. If nothing else, that pie made me howl and if I wasn't so embarrassed at my flub, I'd have taken a picture for your amusement but I'm not digging it out of the trash.  That's definitely where it belongs.  Here's what it was supposed to look like, but didn't.  Oh, well......


No comments:

Post a Comment