Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, January 6, 2011

This and that

Criminy!!  I am currently in the middle of "Attack of the Yardmen" with leaf blowers going in all directions!!  The good news is, it never takes them longer than about 15 minutes but, wow, is it LOUD!  Then across the street, my neighbors have an Atlas moving van that looks like a double vs just a regular moving van.  I've never seen one so big.  And the funny part is, they are moving over one block, and down a few.  It's not like they are going cross country, but I guess stuff is still stuff,  and their house is really big.  It seems their two kids wanted to move "closer in" in the Bubble (Park Cities), so they can be closer to their friends, so that's what they are doing.  We will miss them and wish them well and, secretly, will not miss their yappy Sheltie. :)

Mom had a near miss with disaster yesterday as it was Hair Hut day, and I couldn't get a hold of anyone to remind them to walk her over to the Edgemere Salon, and since she had missed her appointment last Friday (the nurses forgot to take her), she was definitely not looking her best.  Think week old, slept on cotton candy, with a slosh of Wesson oil, for hair, and that's pretty much how she was looking, so it was especially important that she got there yesterday.  I finally called mom and told her to grab her pink Cadillac (walker), mosey up to the Concierge desk, and see if she could find anyone to call one of the nurses, and I'd keep phoning.  She must have really  wanted to go because she got right up, took off, and by the time I could connect with someone at the front desk, she was almost to the Salon.  Damn, she's funny and it just goes to show me she really can move, when she wants to!

My brother will be in a town for a few days starting this Sunday, and will stay in one of the guest rooms at the Plaza, and eat with mom.  I know that'll rock her socks off so yahoo on that.  I told mom about Wigman on Monday, before he was actually gone, and while she may not always understand a lot of things, she understood this, and fell apart when I cried.  She and Wig were total LOVE and she was one of his really favorite people.  I'm so glad she saw him Christmas Eve afternoon, when we all went by, even if he did tinkle on her carpet.  Hey...it was rainy...... and he never did do rain, even when we stopped for that purpose, before going in.  She never even knew he did, and I got it all dabbed up, so I'm calling that his little "parting gift" to her.  A small remembrance, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment