Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Autism

First they said it was caused by vaccines.  Some think it's genetic.  Now, according to a recent post, it's thought to be caused by closely spaced pregnancies.  Seriously, why don't they just come out and admit that they really just do not know what causes Autism, yet, and then get on with the business of studying it further?  I don't get why we have to scare the living hell out of parents, when we really don't know the answer.  Until we unequivocally have the answer, if we ever do, why not just concentrate our efforts in a positive direction?  Answer:  Because on some level, people like to have the pee waddly doo scared out of them and then they like to turn around and play the "blame game".  Admit it.  We all rubber neck on the highway when we pass a bad wreck, we read the worst stories in the paper, first, and then we TALK about them to other people.  Yeah, we do.  Boy, if that's not concentrating on the negative, I don't know what is.  We all like to sit back and armchair quarterback about how we'd have done it better, smarter, bigger, etc., and you can look for me at the front of that line.  I am as guilty as they come.

I think for 2011, I'd like to cultivate the "I don't know nuttin' and I have no opinion" type stance (humility), since to do otherwise makes me critical and judgmental about something I really don't know squat about.  And I'm finding, the older I get, the less I really know anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment