Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Growing up is hard

I swanny....you know how I told you I had cancelled the Dallas Morning News paper, and had switched over to the E-edition?  Wellllllllll.......it seems someone has yet to notify my newspaper lady because the paper is lying right out front.  Again.  Still.  Communication is tough, these days.  I guess it's nice to have both, so I'm not going to complain.  It just speaks volumes about our world today that you can't even get your paper stopped.

On a very happy note, I had a bunny sighting yesterday right around dinner time before it got dark.  I happened to be standing in the kitchen looking towards the living room's big window, when I looked across the street to my neighbors yard, and knew I saw something off white, moving.  Sis and I ran to the window and sure enough, there was that same fat off white rabbit, grazing along the flower beds.  Of all the days to escape his hutch, yesterday would not have been at the top of my list since it was a whopping 32 degrees outside, but there he was.  I don't care if he is wearing a fur coat, yesterday was just c-o-l-d.  He didn't hang around long but I am thrilled to know he's still alive and hopping.  With the recent coyote sighting and cat murder in HP, I was thinking my little friend might have been eaten by now.

I was laughing at myself yesterday.  Every year right before New Years, I am so ready for a New ear--we've discussed this before.  Then once it's here, I'm not exactly sure what to do with it.  All those ideas I have before the New Year arrives, suddenly don't seem all that mahvelous anymore.  Or, they seem to require a fearlessness & determination that suddenly isn't there anymore because something I want to do might be HARD.  Or, at least hard for me.  Or, new, and would require me to s-t-r-e-t-c-h myself....and isn't that what I'm always saying I want???  Well, yes.  Now, the job for me is to feel the fear-- and do it anyway.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment