Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bike shorts....ugh

One of the serious gardeners is already hard at work up at the Garden.  Sis and I went by on our walk and had to go investigate.  On closer inspection, Jerry, an older retired tomato growing wizard was up unloading a trailer of fresh new coal black rick organic matter that will again prove he really knows what he's doing.  He'd already filled his patch and appeared to be filling a female friend of his and his wife's, as the work is a tad strenuous for her.  I hope so....it would practically kill me and I'm younger than she is.  He said he would be planting soon so Sis and I will swing by and watch that, too.  I know it's almost time for potatoes and a few other hardy vegetables but the tomatoes will need a while longer for it to warm up.  One good cold snap and freeze, and you'll be down at Mrs. Lemley's with me, buying your tomatoes by the basket.

And I just have to weigh in on this: Bike shorts.  Why do they have to be so ugly?  The look like a pair of black spandex Depends.  I get why they need that tush-cush in those sensitive areas but it looks like a diaper or worse yet, an incontinence pad.  Why not just pad the bike seats instead of making them so small, hard, and bony??  Then we don't have the ugly crotch grabber shorts problem.  So what if the bike seats aren't as aerodynamic??  Pull up your spandex Depends and get over it.  But loose the bike shorts.  Puuuuulease.

No comments:

Post a Comment