Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, January 21, 2011

YBob

Exactly one year ago today, in the late afternoon, my friend's husband committed suicide.  I won't rehash it all here but suffice it to say, it was one of the most devastating events I've ever encountered.  Today will be one tough day for my friend and I've sent her all the love and prayers I can come up with to get her through this day.  One year anniversaries of a loss can be like revisiting the death all over again.  Your brain goes numb but the rest of you feels an exquisite pain unlike any other.  With good professional help and a supportive network to lean on, you can get through it--it's just no fun in any way, shape, or form.

I think about my friend's husband all the time.  I think about how much I enjoyed him and his myriad kindness, all while he had to be suffering unimaginably inside.  I wish I'd known.  I wish somebody--anybody--had known, and could have gotten him help.  He was a true gentleman and a precious angel and I sure miss him.  We love you, YBob.

No comments:

Post a Comment