Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

All Hail the Queen

I'm limping, emotionally, but I'm back.  And thank you to all of you for your kind thoughts and words for the Wigman.  He was just the best and that's all there is to it.  Sis and I are forging a new relationship based on on our shared girlness (ok...maybe old ladyness) and we are supporting each other as best we know how.  This is uncharted turf and since we haven't been here before, we are just taking it a little at a time.

Monday night, after we got home from the Vet, I think I mentioned earlier I'd seen her sniffing Wig's red fleece blanket on the floor in the Utility room.  When I saw her, I told her "he's gone" and it was almost like she understood, or so I thought.  Later, I went looking for her and she was in her dog bed, all alone, with her two front paws together and her head down.  Damn...she looked like she was praying so I decided we needed a little "girl talk" and togetherness.  I figured we could comfort each other so I crawled across the empty dog bed of Wig's, and proceeded to half lie down beside her, and that's when I figured it out.  That bad girl wasn't praying or even sad--she was hiding the twisty from a loaf of bread, between her paws, and didn't want me to take it away from her!!  When I finally wrestled it away from her, she screech yipped at me saying "You bit**...........I'd bite you if I didn't already know you'd kill me".  Yep.  That's Sister all right, which just goes to show ya, there's a good laugh in just about everything.  That witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment