Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Poor Lady....

Days like this make me worry about animals left outside with little or no shelter.  In the rain.  And, did I mention it's cold?  People that do things like that ought to be shot.  I'm serious.  That's just exponential ignorance.  Now, I realize not everyone has dogs that are rotten stinkin' spoiled like mine--I get that--but if you are going to mistreat your animals, there's gonna be a special place in Hell reserved for you, let me just tell ya.  And you aren't gonna like it so just don't do it.

Anywho, yesterday, as we were leaving the Farm, we stopped by Rodney's house (farm caretaker), to tell him something, and he and his parents and uncle were building, Lady, his bull mastiff, a dog house out of scrap lumber. You should have seen this thing....OMG.  If I could have figured out a way to take a picture of it to post here, just know I would have.   And, they weren't even finished with it yet.  One side had a skid--like they stack stuff on at Sam's--that a forklift can lift and move around.  Now, before I go all critical, that could have been the bottom side, to raise the house slightly off the ground....I dunno...but the other sides were pieces of scrap lumber, and just not suitable for Lady, IMO.  And did I mention they were all sipping, unobtrusively, on cans of beer, as they built???  And Rodney's mom was sporting a leopard hat???  Are ya gettin' the picture???

Frankly, I couldn't wait to jump out of the car and meet everyone, although I'd met Rodney's uncle before.  I swear to heaven if they'd had a smoker goin', Fred would have had to drag me back to the car.  When I saw what Lady was probably going to have to call home, I offered Rodney a big old fluffy, but lumpy, fiber bed, to cush & warm up the interior.  Suddenly, 4 heads turned towards me, incredulously, as if I had lost my mind.  In unison, they all said "For Lady"??  And when I said "Yeah!", they all laughed.  I'm still going to take it up there next time I go, but I'm not thinking Lady is going to get to use it.  Crud.
Now, this would work....

No comments:

Post a Comment