Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chill Christmas cont'd

In a last minute wrap up, here's where things stand in all things Harris:  Benji and Andrea arrived safely last night from Nash.  They hit the town to see pals Brett and others, before Brett leaves for Austin today.  They also had the pleasure of a Sis dog in the bed with them until I got up.  That's what happens when you forget to close the doggie gates--she's gonna come hunt you down.  She and they are now snoozing, separately.  Fred is off shortly to go pick up my lasagna from Holy Ravioli and our salad.  I told you this was my chill Christmas and I wasn't kidding!  All I need to do now is stuff my manicotti and do the garlic bread..  Dessert is done.  I may throw a nap in there this afternoon....who knows. 

Since mom can't be with us in person tonight, I'm using her silver so at least a little part of her is with us.  I'm also using an organza table cloth with tiny embroidery that belonged to my grandmother--mom's mom-- that is meant for a square table and I have a rectangle.  I've used it sort of like a runner and I like it!  Is my table all foo-foo?  No.  Is it good enough?  You betcha.

The puppy hunt news is this: a new litter is due in a few weeks and could possibly produce a blue and tan boy, like in the picture, so we'll see.  The breeder still has an Issy boy, but that makes me wonder why he wasn't chosen when his sibs were.  No matter.  For some reason, I still want a Smurf (blue) dog.  If not, maybe it's not meant to be.  I'm open to whatever is supposed to be. 

Lastly, I am grateful.  I am grateful for all the birds I can hear talking outside even though most of them are grackles and I don't do grackles, but I may go throw out birdseed anyway.  I am grateful Benji and Andrea are here safe, asleep in the next room.  I am grateful mom is alive and still recognizes me today.  I am grateful that while I don't have everything I want, I have everything I need.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanakuh, Happy Kwanza ....Happy However you roll.  And to you and yours, Peace on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment