Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Hang Loose Christmas

I just looked out the window and our trees are racing to drop all their leaves by Christmas.  This is an annual event and one that used to make my perfectionist side go insane.  When you have two trees the size of ours, when they finally start dropping their leaves, the piles of leaves can reach your knees--or higher.  Fred spent last weekend mowing up round one, only to have round two dropping as he mowed.  We are again up to our "bid'ness" in drifts, and today, I just don't really care.  In years past, I would have already called Juan to book a Christmas Eve day blow-a-thon and this year??  Not so much.  If I see the lawn guys tomorrow and can talk them into doing our yard, fine.  If not, oh, well.  I refuse to sweat the small stuff-- or even the big stuff this year.

Instead, this year I'm chillin'.  Christmas is not an Olympic event even though it feels like one after all is said and done.  Seriously, it's just one day and it comes once a year, just like every other day does.  Yes, it's a special day and a fun one.  I'm just trying to keep all of that in perspective.  (With Sis yipping in her sleep right underneath me in her bed as I type, the unimportant stuff just seems to fall away.  OK...now she just growled a little...). I'm planning to focus on the stuff that's really important (animals and loved ones) and the rest will take care of itself.

This is going to be the NO EXPECTATION Christmas for me.  If I don't have any, nothing will disappoint me.  Will I probably burn something in the oven or will my manicotti turn out to be less than stratospheric?  Maybe.  Will Sis and my loved ones make me laugh?  No doubt about it.  Frankly, that's all I want.  I have everything I need.

If I'm not here blogging again before Christmas, which I seriously doubt, make yours a Chill Christmas.  Again, thank you to all of you who read this blog.  You all are the best part of blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment