Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ahhhh....

 The plan is for Bruce to take some time off starting tomorrow, so last night I saw the purrrrfect opportunity to torture and pester him.  It's what I do best, after all, so why pass up a perfect opportunity was my theory.  So, I commenced.  I told him that since he was going on vacay, so was I.  He immediately wanted to know what that meant, and I went in for the kill.  I told him since I seldom cook on vacation, I was closing the kitchen, and we could spend all his time off, eating out.  Every meal.

Since the poor guy never knows if I'm serious or not, he tried not to barf his just eaten dinner all over himself.  I could only hold in my laughter for a little while before I lost it.  I DO plan to go out a lot--just not every meal.  Since his idea of cooking is usually to try to either use something I've already made out of the freezer or hand me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I know I won't get a lot of argument from him.  He's actually a good cook if 1) you remind him to WASH HIS HANDS 2) you can get him to actually do it.  His smothered dove are sensational. 

With a vacay in order, I may take some blog-free time off unless there's just something I can't resist yakking about.  We'll just see.  Not sure I can keep my trap shut that long.  It's doubtful I can.

Lastly, Fern, a follower of this blog, called my attention to Jacqueline Floyd's article on Water Hogs in today's DMN and it's a hoot.  It's so reassuring to know someone else obsesses over stuff like I do.

 And speaking of great articles, if you have the August issue of Southern Living, pour yourself a big iced tea and turn to the very last page and read Rick Bragg's article on Porches.   If you've spent anytime living in the South, you'll get it.  If not, poor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment