Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, July 23, 2012

Make it good

Given the fact that last week was a bit of a BEAR for all of us, I'm going to borrow a suggestion from one of the daily readers I read, and spend today "filling up my life".  I don't mean with stuff either.  I mean with kindness, love, and compassion, and being of service to other people where I can.  Yes, you can do wonderful things for yourself, too.  But more importantly, "go out and make positive use of your life".  Brilliant, no?

Help that old lady put her groceries in her car and take her buggy back for her.  Let someone go ahead of you in line.  Smile at someone who looks like they could use one.  Play with your dog and enjoy the time you spend.  Buy yourself a flower and put it on your desk at work to smell and enjoy.  Listen to your dog drink fresh water out of her bowl in the kitchen, and laugh at the slurps.  Call someone you know that's having a rough time, and listen.  Take dinner to someone who needs it or to an elderly couple on a budget.  Donate to the Food Bank.  Pay for someone else's coffee anonymously, behind you in line.  Give them the gift of wondering who it was.  Maybe they'll do it for someone else.

In short, spread the love.  Life is too short to spend it reading about atrocities and negative, soul sucking stuff.  You can, but why would you??

 That's me and my older sister playing bride at my grandparent's house.  See...I knew I could make you laugh.  Look how pissed off I am at not getting to be the bride.  If looks could kill, she'd be dead.  
 
** That's my mom's  portrait above us.                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment