Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Buh, bye

Shooo weeee...looks like Tom had a lot more to hide than we even knew.  Otherwise, there's no way he'd have capitulated so quickly, other than to avoid all the negative pub and Scientology secrets leaking out.  Frankly, I'm glad.  I don't know and I don't want to know, all the gory details.  Just let Katie loose-- with custody of Suri-- and to get to see her dad about as much as she did when they were married--which doesn't sound like it was a lot--and we're good.  Case closed.  Gag order in place.  Confidentiality clause signed.  And life goes on.

Personally, I think there's a lot to be said for Prenups.  If nothing else, at least it speeds up the divorce process when one is upheld.  Frankly, I think everyone should be required to sign one prior to walking down the aisle.  Even an agreement to split things financially 50-50 would help.  You get one folding chair, I get one folding chair.  It sure would prevent all these long drawn out ugly divorces over money, that clog our court system these days.  And if you have kids, well....whoever decides to leave has to take them.  That would slow down a lot of people from hitting the marital eject button.

That's not my idea either.  A young couple on our block when we bought our first house, had that rule in place, long before their first child hit the ground.  They said it's what kept them together after their kids were born.  If you left, you had to take both kids with you and as far as I know, they're still married and their kids are grown.  After your kids are grown, I guess you've either decided you really do like each other or are just too tired to do anything about it.  :)))




No comments:

Post a Comment