Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Holy, Shrimp Cocktail

I've been holding out on ya.  I forgot to tell you about the fabulous recipe I tried the other night for dinner that killed, it was so good.  I found it on one of the blogs I read, it sounded good, so I printed it and fixed it.  Some of it can be done ahead, and for a summer dinner--or even a lunch--it rocked my taste buds, and Fred's, too.

It was a Shrimp cocktail, but not just any old Shrimp cocktail.  It was a Mexican one like at Big Shucks.  It had cilantro, diced avocado, diced jalapeno, cocktail sauce with horseradish, Worcestershire, and lots of lime juice, scallion, cherry tomatoes, and even a little diced cucumber.  I cooked the shrimp ahead in order to peel, devein, and chill them after cutting them into bite side pieces, and them put everything together about 20 minutes before dinner.  If you aren't salivating by now, somethings wrong with you.  Cold, spicy, and served in a frosty glass with good saltine crackers, it was dinner, baby. ( Holler if you want the recipe and I'll shoot it to you.)

I realized yesterday I'm in a "weird".  Translated that means I've never felt like this before, but am paying attention to it, and following what my gut says to do, which is stay home.  Fred and I both have tried to think of somewhere we're perishing to go, that is worth the hassle of going, and both of us have come up empty.  For the life of me, I just cannot get excited about going somewhere.  Maybe it's due to all the craziness going on in the world, maybe some of it's due to mom dropping another chunk of weight (7.6 pounds) in the last few weeks, but I just want to chill at home, rest, read, and so that's what I'm gonna DO.  Right now, that sounds wonderful, so staycation here I come.  Maybe by Fall I'll feel differently.  Who knows?

Yesterday afternoon, I finally linked up with Hadley, to drop off some Popsicles.  I figured those could be shared and might feel good on her mouth.  Less fighting, more fun.  Right after I arrived, a little voice said "Mommy" from upstairs.  Nic and I looked straight up to see a naked jaybird Avery, dripping wet, who told her mom "I took a bath".  She immediately came down the stairs when she saw the Popsicles, wanted a red one, and then held it out and told me "bite it!", so of course I did.  When you are two, life does not get any better than a nudie Popsicle.

 



Here's Had's new smile, sans front teeth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment